Sunday, January 17, 2010

Why haven't I started this sooner?















I am a total food whore. lol I bake/cook/create/imagine food all the time. I learned how to cook by watching my mom in the kitchen and a food and nutrition class in highschool. My mom is a southern cook raised by a southern Navy Chef father. I am also Creole and that sometimes influences my food. My husband is Jamaican and lately,that has been a big focus of mine. I know I can't ever compare to his families cooking but I want to learn how to cook the Caribbean foods that reminds him of his mom. I want to be able to cook food for our *future* children that lets them know where they came from.

Above all, I am a southern girl. I think butter is one of God's greatest creation. Frying chicken and fish is an art form that MUST be mastered. Food represents family, love, good times and happiness. In the south we come together as a family over meals. In my family for every holiday we have a HUGE dinner over one of our aunts homes. Everyone brings a dish. We talk, we laugh, we argue, we tell stories, we love through food.

On another note I was raised by a father who is a personal trainer . He is all about nutrition. So sometimes a healthy meal might sneak its way into this blog. I will include recipes, pictures, stories, articles and great websites.

I hope you enjoy! Eat.Love.Live!

No comments:

Post a Comment