Thursday, April 29, 2010

BBQ Chicken Pizza

So I definitely made this pizza from trial and error. I made it deep dish because I was too lazy to go buy a pizza pan and I don't keep one handy. I got the pizza dough recipe from allrecipes.com and tweaked it.


Pizza Dough- I love this recipe because it was super easy and fast to make!

3 cups all purpose flour
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
2 tablespoons olive or veggie oil (I used olive)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 tablespoon italian seasoning
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 tsp olive oil
1 cup warm water

Toppings
1 1/2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce ( I used honey =) )
2 tsp white or brown sugar
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
half of a red onion chopped thinly
1 1/2 C Shredded Mozzarella or Gouda cheese
Directions
Dough

Combine flour, salt,garlic powder, italian seasoning, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and warm water.
(Okay after this step, I put a little flour on my hands and just mixed it with my hands. Next, I put a little flour on my counter and plopped the dough in the middle of it. I got my rolling pin and rolled the dough out to fit my pan)
Spread out on a large pizza pan. Brush with olive oil and bake at 375 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Remove from oven.


Toppings
Pre heat oven to 375 degrees

Cut the chicken breasts in half. Fill a dutch oven with water and add the chicken breast. Boil until the chicken is no longer pink inside and has an internal temp of 165 degrees F. Remove chicken from dutch oven and let cool. Shred chicken with hands or two forks. In a large sauce pan, add shredded chicken, bbq sauce,sugar, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Heat the chicken mixture until slightly warm. Top pizza dough with warm chicken mixture. Sprinkle red onions on top of chicken and finally sprinkle pizza with mozzarella or gouda cheese.

Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes.

Enjoy, b/c its ridiculously addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment