Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pioneer Womans Chocolate Cupcakes and Icing


A few months ago I made this utterly sinful,seductive sheetcake from thepioneerwomancooks.com If you don't know already, the woman who owns the website is a food genius! LoL Her name is Ree Drummond and I've gotten some GREAT recipes from her site!

I changed her Chocolate Sheetcake into some ridiculously delicious cupcakes.
The Recipe follows!

2 cups Flour
2 cups Sugar
¼ teaspoons Salt
4 Tablespoons (heaping) Cocoa
2 sticks Butter
1 cup Boiling Water
½ cups Buttermilk
2 whole Beaten Eggs
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Vanilla

Preparation Instructions
In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Add cocoa. Stir together.
Add boiling water, allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
In a measuring cup, pour the buttermilk and add beaten eggs, baking soda, and vanilla. Stir buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture. Pour into greased/floured (or cheat like I do and use Bakers Spray!) cupcake pan or fill cupcake liner 3/4 full and bake at 350-degrees for 20 minutes.

Makes 12 cupcakes

I also sampled this icing! What is amazing and odd at the same time is this icing turned out without POWDERED SUGAR! I hate powdered sugar icing because when I eat it feels like my teeth are going to rot. Gross visual, I know but its true. I know this Icing might seem suspect because it has.. *cough* FLOUR in it. It's nice and light and definitely leans more towards the whipped icing side but its delicious.... Follow the link to mouthwatering icing
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/03/a-tasty-recipe-thats-the-best-frosting-ive-ever-had/
OR Cheat and use store bought chocolate icing which I did on a few of the cupcakes and it was just as delicious either way!

No comments:

Post a Comment